Wednesday, March 2, 2011

iOS 4.3....Eureka !

Yes, I thought the iPad2 was phenomenol.  Yes, I will be getting one!  Yes, I was blown away by the Garageband demo.  Yes, I really enjoyed the specs.  Just like many of you, I was impressed by all of the above.

But yesterday I also saw something that I have been wishing for.   The advent of iOS 4.3, with the ability to use AirTunes on ANY SUPPORTING APPLICATION.  Yes, you heard that correctly, the ability to use Air Tunes in any supported application.   What does this mean?  It means that you are not completely tied to iTunes to stream movies to your Apple TV or other iOS 4.3 device.   Hopefully, it will also mean that CinePlayer can stream xVid and AVI files to your TV not just .MV4 files.   At least, that is what I got out of the video that I played back last night of the keynote for iPad 2.  Web pages and everything else should be able to be streamed or accessed via the HDMI cable.

This is welcome news and for me a wonderful surprise from the keynote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will be trying unmoderated comments for a while. If this gets ridiculous, then I will have to move to moderating the comments once again.

Google